Monday, March 25, 2013

Not my year.

It has been a very long time since I posted my last post. Suddenly I felt something moved me to write another one, this time about my life.

If you followed me then you would know, or if you don't know, I won the Mighty Minds Challenge for two consecutive years (2011 and 2012) but this year I have failed to maintain my success. Sounds like boasting but I was really moved because I felt really strange. The feeling of not winning it was just different and I suddenly remembered what have I done before the competition. These might be the factors of me losing.

1. I went to Japan for 10 Days, leaving my school and everything behind. Yes, the trip was really good and I enjoyed it very much. I met so many new people that see me (hopefully) as a friend which I really appreciate.    But at the same time, I lost contact with my friends in school and all the things happening there (including the Mighty Minds practice) which led to a total blankness when I saw the questions on the screen on the competition day.

2. Simply the format has changed. I mean a lot. There were no possible ways that we could pass the first stage (MCQ challenge) because they only pick the best 5 teams. Wow, that was quite surprising because before, they take top 15 teams to be on the next round. So, you got the picture.

3. I have to say this factor too. The team has changed. No more Sir Sham and no more Amirah Saffa. Both of them leaved. The replacement was Asiah and she did a great job too. But the atmosphere, of course, was not the same when Amirah was here. But, Asiah was great and absolutely of the same level with Amirah and smarter than me. I just felt happy that she had helped much. :)

Those are the reasons. One more simple reason is because [ the last two years was completely accidental ] not because we are smart or what-so-ever but completely because Allah wanted it to be like that.

Anyway, alhamdulillah for everything. I have no rights to sigh. :)

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting. Have a nice day